Monday, June 16, 2008

As Promised...

Big Post. Lots of Pics.

I guess overall I'm glad Caroline and I had the opportunity to attend Mommy & Me Swim Classes, but I want to encourage all other mothers that read this blog NOT to pay money for swimming lessons for your 14 month old. I don't know what I was expecting (although I assumed if they offered a class for babies as small a 6 months, there must be something for them to learn), but the overall outcome of two weeks of 30 minute lessons is this: Caroline likes water, at least. This is what we did, and this is what you should do with your baby at home or any other pool that you have free access to: Just familiarize the baby with the water. Get him/her comfortable with the idea of bobbing around. Maybe encourage the baby to blow bubbles (not drink the salt water). See if they'll kick. That's all. One thing I did start doing with Caroline, after she fell in anyway and I discovered that she wouldn't immediately drown, was blow in her face and dip her in. Blowing on her face is supposed to make her catch her breath right before you dunk her, but it didn't usually work. Sometimes she came up sputtering, but she was always okay. She was incredibly cute the whole time. The only baby to never have a bad day in the water.

So please, think carefully before entering your child into any swimming lessons with monetary exchange before they are at least 2.



Blow bubbles like Mama.

See? Like this?

C'mon, you can do it.

Oh, wait--you can!


No, no. You're just drinking the water!




1 comment:

mirandajones803 said...

That 2nd picture seriously cracked me up! LOL