Sunday, September 7, 2008

2(12) - 7 Months

Our baby Caroline is now 17 months (on the 4th). I cannot believe how blessed we've been. One of our friends, Ben, went home bragging to his wife and kids the other day after spending a few minutes with her. She's so sweet and smart. Okay, okay, I'll stop. But she is.

Lately, we've been amazed at how her language has blossomed. She's always been a talky girl, but she can communicate so much now. She understands instructions, questions, and can sign "i love you," although she reserves that only for her daddy. I was going to post a video, but there was an error (of course), so I'll just tell you about it: We ask Caroline what sounds certain animals make and she can give us a puppy dog, a kitty cat, a snake, a monkey, and a lion (Go Ouachita!). Sometimes she can do a pig. She can also make the sound of a car and , we found out today, a train. She says "SpongeBop" and dances to the pirate's song. She can identify just about anything in her books and lots of people besides Mama and Daddy. Most surprising is "Chelsea," which comes out more like "Chessy." She had to learn that one fast when Chelsea had some ice cream that she wanted!
This morning she sat on the bathroom counter as I got ready. She picked up the clippers and tried to trim her toenails, then she grabbed deodorant and tried to apply it under her arms. She is SO growing up. Next month she'll be a year and a half!

She decided it was so much easier to dump her goldfish in her lap.

Thanks for the new kicks, Aunt Michelle!


Do you think she's old enough now to start cooking?

Chris thinks maybe its time for her to mow the yard.

4 comments:

Our Journey said...

I mean what is she now like 10?!? My goodness!!

Our Journey said...

Hey if you don't mind...would you take like 5 minuites and jumo over to my blog and read it! I would really appreciate it!!

The Volentine's said...

Ok, I updated mine now it's your turn ;)

Corrie said...

hey! thanks for all the encouragement. i'm trying trying trying to get things going for etsy. other projects keep coming up...birthday gifts, hats for the dog...you know, important stuff.
i started work two weeks ago - i love it! it's perfect for us. we walk there, and judah's class is right across the hall from mine.
i hope y'all are doing well. we need to swap emails next time! this is a bit long for a comment. :)