I see that I've lured some of you who wouldn't usually read my blog with a Superman related title! Here's the story on how it relates to my life, or baby Caroline's, anyway: We went to her 9 month well baby checkup yesterday and found, of course, that we've been doing everything right and our little kid is healthy! Well, I had my doubts with all the snuck-in chicken bones, tootsie roll pops, and leaves (off the floor). What's wierd, to us and not to Dr. Bimle, is that she's only gained 4 oz since her 6 month checkup. She's still in the 16 pound range, and in the 25th percentile. That's okay, she'll more than likely just be a small one year old, but
dang it, we wanted to get her a forward facing car seat for THE DAY she turned one! Dr. Bimle said she'd probably only gain about 2 pounds by then. So anyway, we find out Caroline's weakness. Just like Superman, it turns out that Caroline's little ankles go weak in the presence of kryptonite, or without it. Yeah, she has weak ankles, which really isn't a big deal, says the doc, but we should put her in high tops when we go out. What Dr. Bimle actually
said was that we could get some from Payless or wherever, but as I
heard and hope Chris will remember (since I play a tape of it over and over to him in his sleep) is that she needs little pink Converse All-Stars. But really, its not a bum deal that will ever require corrective measures. Its supposedly inherited. She does have sort of flat feet like her daddy.
Speaking of her daddy....He is in charge of her when I have to type my teaching notes (or secretly update my blog) and what did I find them doing?! Playing playstation. I snapped a shot for evidence.

So, about teaching. I'm teaching 6th grade Science and Social Studies. If I were teaching life science, or biology, I could identify the concepts in chunks, know how many days to teach it, and when to give tests. I am out of my comfort zone with 6th grade material. Its not hard stuff, but its stuff I don't know (in Social Studies, anyway). Raise your hand if you've heard of Justinian I. That's what I thought. 98% of you haven't. I have to teach it to myself and then teach it to the kids. I feel pretty confident about that, but it takes a lot of time! Oh, but I'm excited about having a classroom! I bought a classroom thermometer yesterday!!
I'd better go finish my notes.
2 comments:
Congrats again! You're going to do great!
Just tell Granny she needs some pink high top Chucks and she'll have some in every color!!!Worth a shot anyway.
Post a Comment