Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shifty

I know I am. I've done it twice, but I have to do it again. (Shift.) I can't have a blog address "babycarolinesmine" when Caroline won't be my only baby. I have to be fair.


Yes! We are going to have another baby sometime in June and we are super excited! And it works out perfectly with the school year. Speaking of school, I hinted to my students the big news Wednesday. Here's how I did it: For the bellringer problem I drew a pedigree on the board representing Chris' family and my family converging, tracking color-blindness throughout. Knowing that may dad is color blind it was easy to figure out that I have to carry the trait (its an X-linked trait) and easy to figure out that Chris doesn't. I drew the circle representing Caroline down from me and Chris and I also drew a question mark for another child. The assignment was to figure out the probability that our next child will be color blind. I was hoping some kids would ask questions about the question mark, and they did. And most of them are excited. One kid did slam his hand on his desk and said, "What! Another pregnant teacher?!" Every female science teacher he's had in the last four years has been pregnant. Others are saying that they're going to fail now because I'm going to get so mean. I thought I was already mean.


[Anyway, in case you're wondering, if we have a girl there is absolutely no chance that she'll be colorblind. If we have a boy, there is a 50% chance. Poor boys.]


Here is our goal before the new baby arrives:

And pictures from the COLD Tech game and hanging out with Nathan:









New blog later...

1 comment:

Our Journey said...

AHHHHHHHHHH I am so dang excited!! That is so great!!! I know yall are just excited beyond words!!! I will definetly be praying for yall!!! Cannot wait to see the new site and to follow your progress on Baby #2!!!!