Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Singing the "Abbey-Cs"

A trip to the pharmacy today reminded me that I needed to update the blog. There are so many cool things Caroline has been doing, and we are always amazed. As we were sitting in the drive-thru at the pharmacy I heard Caroline singing "ABC, ABC," but it really sounded more like "Abbey-C." It was so cute. Another thing Mrs. Linda must have taught her, because from us, the ABCs are to the tune of "Amazing Grace." Then, as I got the bag and started to drive away, Caroline started yelling, "Fies! Fies!" (That made me worry that we eat out too much, but we've really only been to a drive-thru with her, like, twice.)

The other day we wanted her to eat her chicken, but she wanted my snickers ice cream bar (I know). I told her she had to finish her chicken first---and she did. She flung each little piece in her mouth so fast and then looked at my ice cream. We got her a new book and she could already name most of the things in it, and even pointed out the xylophone. What?! Must be Mrs. Linda!Her biggest sentence so far has been, "Look Daddy, a bug." And she's started calling me mommie. And she's been saying "thank you" for everything. Gosh, she's too cute. And she can say purple.

She was really cute for Derek and Denise during our visit in Houston last weekend, too. She learned to say "no, puppy" pretty quickly, but grew to love those pups. She really liked climbing into the kitchen chairs and ignoring her mommie and daddy. Chris and I had a lot of fun in Houston, too. Derek and Denise have an awesome house and have made some cool friends from their cool church. Yeah, it was. Below are some pics from the weekend.




Waiting on Derek at Starbucks.

At a cool park in dowtown Houston.


My WINNIG (yeah, that's what I said!) paisley werewolf pumpkin!


the trip home

Back home making Mrs. Linda's b-day card.

1 comment:

Our Journey said...

can she get any cuter?! She looks like she should be starting pre-k like tomorrow!! So when yall going to have a chris jr!?? Just wondering!! ha